Hello and welcome

Welcome to Southern Sweet Cakes and Bites. I make homemade Candy Bar Cakes and other sweet treats that just blow your taste buds away! Eye catching and breath taking little edible pieces of bliss right at your finger tips.

You can find me on Facebook, Etsy, Ecrater and Amazon. I will have all of the links posted for you.

About Me

My photo
St. Landry Parish, United States
A touch of Southern love mixed in with the Sweetness of Cakes and Bites

Friday, May 18, 2012

Late last year, I began searching for a way to make candy bar cakes with a twist. I came across a site that had candy bar cakes. Candy bar cakes are cakes that are made with wrapped candies, built to look like an actual cake. They are fun to make and the end result is eye catching, dazzling and beautiful. This is a very creative way to make a cake.  

My first few cakes looked like "who did it and why"!!! My kids got a kick out of them! As I made more and more, I began to really enjoy making them and seeing the smiles on the faces of whom I gave them to. My oldest daughter suggested I sell them. So I looked into selling them. I talked to my previous customers and got their opinions. My customers are my business so their opinions really do count.

I made a FB page, loaded it with pictures of cakes that I previously made. Then I created an Ecrater and Etsy page and loaded them with pictures of cakes that I've made. On both selling sites, I offer personalization of my candy bar cakes. You can personalize candy bar cakes by candy bar, color, or theme. 

I am able to make them for table centerpieces, baby showers, weddings receptions, birthdays, holidays and special occasions. There is no cake to small or too big. Nothing too elegant or chic. I can start as small as 4" and go as large as 16". I also make tiered candy bar cakes.

I will be writing here as often as I can and posting new pictures of the cakes that I have made. You are welcome to post your comments and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment